Anonymous Research Initiative
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its "Time"

5 posters

Go down

Its "Time" Empty Its "Time"

Post by Time Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Yeah, I had to start with a pun...

There isnt anything special about me. No college/university, no interesting job, so im quite an "average" person.

Ive always had an interest in the whole "why we are here" question, which lead me to everything from anthropology, quantum physics, geography, sociology and religion ( too many to mention). I also have a major hobby with plants, ecology and climatology as a result.

For the last 15 years, ive been reading and discussing various amounts of topics, on various forums, and so far what I have achieved, is learning how much misinformation we are taught in school, and the media. Essentially we are told what to believe, and not taught to be leaders, and use what we are taught to follow our own paths. That lead me, finally to activist sites, and since July, ive been catching up with an entire 15 year old subculture, that i vaguely knew exsisted.

So to the point. It doesnt take a genius to see that shit isnt right in the world, but it takes someone who is willing to say "fuck you" to the current paradigm, and actually do something and try to change it, even one small step at a time.

Time

Back to top Go down

Its "Time" Empty Re: Its "Time"

Post by Malevolance Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi, welcome. I like you. I can't wait to hear about the things you have taught yourself. Smile
Malevolance
Malevolance

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenpaige Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi, Time, and welcome. (I suppose I'd get boo'd if I said, "well, it's hi time!")

Ok, no more puns. I'm also looking forward to hearing what you've taught yourself. Some of the smartest people I know have little or no formal education anyway.
ravenpaige
ravenpaige
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Time Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:26 pm

I probably shouldve said I was "KosmicDebris" from WITP. Ive talked to both of you a few times on there. Its great to see people keeping in touch.

Time

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenpaige Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:31 pm

Oh, yes, I suppose I should have recognized you. But, of course, we all end up going by so many names, it seems, it's hard to keep track. And then, sometimes it's just good to be able to put on a whole new persona.

I think you'll find here that there are quite a few from WITP, and a few from other places. We've been trying to personally invite people who we think would enjoy or benefit from this atmosphere, which is different from WITP. And, of course, we'd like to have people who can put in a good discussion and perhaps teach us a thing or two.

So welcome! Look around. As you'll notice, we're still a bit in the unpacking and setting up stage, but I think we'll have fun doing that too.
ravenpaige
ravenpaige
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:36 am

Welcome Time! I'm glad you could join us.

I invited Time because they've put a lot of work into a thread on WITP about permaculture, and seems to have a good understanding of the topic.

I come in with a strong bias that permaculture is one of the solutions that should be put forward by ARI, and I'm hoping Time can help with that. I'm very much biased in the Catherine Austin Fitts model of Solari Circles, which is a complicated name for a simple idea of recreating small communities.

I recently mentioned Jane Jacobs on WITP, and she wrote "Dark Age Ahead", describing how Western Civilization is entering a new dark ages. This means we'll have to put up walls around our communities (figuratively, and perhaps literally) as things continue to go bad. This has been my primary approach for awhile now, and wanted to see if WITP would be receptive to that idea.

Imagine my surprise when FFaD proposed his "Virtual Tribes"....

This isn't about tribal in-group/out-group thinking, but a return to one of the pillars of society: family and community.
The Dude
The Dude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenpaige Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:02 am

I've also been very interested in the whole "permaculture" thing for quite some time. Also called "sustainable communities" in some circles, I believe, it encompasses much more than just farming or even renewable energy (one of my favorite hobbies). So, you're right, the whole idea of Virtual Tribes certainly fits in with that idea of sustainability.
ravenpaige
ravenpaige
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Time Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:06 pm

@ dude/ravenpaige

I can do what I can, but im anything but an expert on the subject. I do wish to get my certification sometime soon. I can try to answer any questions you have.

I remember those circles. I think Jaque fresco mentioned them a few times. And I agree its about community again. We need things to be localized. That is the basic principle of permaculture: Doing your damnest to get everysingle thing you need to survive/live as close to your house as possible, that being, food, water, power etc.

There is a sustainable community in california, that gets 7 tons of suplus almonds a year, using permaculture, and thats ontop of the other 1000 or so food/useable plants the have. Ill look that up and post it here, since we are on the topic of comminities..

The human species evolved in smallish close knit tribes, BUT were highly connected to many other tribes accross the continents. Some scientists say that one adaptation - wide trade, is the sole reason humans out competed the other homonids, because we could help eachother with resources, where as others, like neanderthol, were small isolated tribes, like "the last neanderthold tribe" in gibrolter.

ITs how we evolved, only now, we just let other people do as much as we can pay...

Time

Back to top Go down

Post by twilly Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:52 am

Welcome Time.

I have to say I agree with Ravenpaige about some of the smartest people, having little formal education. I completely skipped out on high school, and got my GED. although I did go to a community college. Not that I am smart or anything, just very aware I guess you could say.

I employ some permaculture in growing my own food. Having an average size back yard in the suburbs, it's all about utilizing the space to achieve the maximum amount of production.

twilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down