Anonymous Research Initiative
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello, I am Twilly.

4 posters

Go down

Hello, I am Twilly. Empty Hello, I am Twilly.

Post by twilly Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:37 am

A little about me.
I am a single mom of three children, and a healthcare worker. As a mother I feel it's my duty to do that's in my power to bring about change for the sake of the next generation. I believe that if this generation fails, there is little hope for the next. I am on a journey to achieve self sustainability. Despite living in suburbia, I have managed to grow and raise most of of my families food. What I can not produce on my own I obtain from local organic farmers. It's my small contribution to the fight against Monsanto.

twilly

Back to top Go down

Hello, I am Twilly. Empty Re: Hello, I am Twilly.

Post by Malevolance Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:11 am

Welcome Very Happy It is good to have you here. I hope to have many informative discussions with you. Thank you for taking compassion upon future generations.
Malevolance
Malevolance

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenpaige Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:43 am

Hi Twilly. Glad you could join us. I'm a mother too, and a single mother for most of their time of raising (although they're now in their 20s). I am really impressed with you raising and growing most of your family's food. I have tried, and do a little, but it's difficult. So many applause! I'd love to hear more about this.

I also agree about Monsanto, but that's a long story...for another time, perhaps? But welcome. Good to have you here.
ravenpaige
ravenpaige
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:11 am

Twilly,

Glad to have you aboard. Thanks for sharing. I think everyone here sees Monsanto as one of the major problems facing us today.

I really think this site could use a section on self-sustainability and permaculture. A lot of people on WITP seem to be looking for some answers/solutions, and maybe this is something we can address more. So I encourage you to share what you know.

Consider creating a thread in the Current Research sub-forum explaining what you have learned and are willing to share.

The Dude
The Dude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by twilly Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:56 am

I'll have to do that. I started writing a guide on how to grow your own food in a small apartment for WITP, after I had received requests for it. Unfortunately I never finished it due to a family emergency, and then the OP got buried and I started spending less time there. I just might have to finish it, and post it there and here to start off with and then move on to other growing guides and such.

twilly

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenpaige Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:56 am

I would really like to see you finish that. It sounds like very good information to have.
ravenpaige
ravenpaige
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum