Anonymous as Freedom

Go down

Anonymous as Freedom

Post by The Dude on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:53 am

One thing I've always argued for is freedom. True freedom. Does this video make sense to anyone else? Is true personal freedom in keeping with Anonymous.

I'd really like to make a better version of this and tie it into a modern context and/or Anonymous thinking...

The Dude
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anonymous as Freedom

Post by Malevolance on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:45 am

I like that video. I have a rule that sums this up.

We are each responsible for our own experiance in life. When you impose yourself upon someone else's experiance you are in violation of that person's rights to their own life.
Malevolance

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:31 am

See, this is the tricky part. That theory is the 'do no harm' theory. It's a very liberal view of freedom, where I can do anything I want as long as I don't impinge on the rights of others. Simple enough.

But then, government and taxation become a mechanism of restriction on freedom, and coercion by the state. So, we can't have that. What we're left with is Ron Paul's free market. Where people choose what they will and will not support.

RP was asked "if the guy's dying on the street, do you have an obligation". RP answers "Yes, I do. But it doesn't give me the right to steal from someone else to take care of him." So use of government to create a welfare state is giving someone the right to steal to take care of someone else.

I guess the argument is that one side says you can't 'force' morality and responsibility on people (the libertarian view) while the other side says "yes, you can force people to do the right thing" (the authoritarian view).

Funny it's usually the left that wants to force something on someone else...

Where's the common sense, and where's the middle ground?
The Dude
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down