Anonymous Research Initiative
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I suggest we write a research paper or book collectively

+2
The Dude
ARTnonymous
6 posters

Go down

I suggest we write a research paper or book collectively Empty I suggest we write a research paper or book collectively

Post by ARTnonymous Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:07 am

"Anonymous: Evolution of a New Paradigm" ?

What if we came up with a table of contents and overall structure of the book, and
each wrote one chapter on whatever facet we were most interested in? We've already done a
good deal of participant observation and we could do more, even interviews and first-hand
investigative citizen journalism, and historical scholarly research with timelines of major developments
in the history of anonymous and graphs and it could all be very "respectable" and yet for those kin of ours
who could read between the lines and catch our tongue-in-cheek in-jokes and caught on to a certain
wry humor, then it could serve as propaganda for our cause AND high-level objective sociological research,
and we could get the beast published and try to ad some sensationalism/entertainment and make
it a best seller? I know I'd buy it, and some one's gonna write this book eventually anyway, I just think it should be us.

Somewhat silly but valid random Chapter title ideas:

-Intro: From the swamp of 4chan Rises a Phoenix
-Consensus Ideology in a Decentralized Movement
-Chanology: The Archetype Acts
-Lulz: A Sadistic Streak which Served Them Well
-WITP: Rise and Fall of Anon-Wanna-Bees
-Project Mayhem 2012: Prophecy and Use the 2012 Myth to Evoke Socvial Engeneering
-Memes: A Visual Language of In-Jokes, and the transmition of Insight through Sarcasm
-Backlash: The Media and the Government's Misinterpretation of Anonymous
-Hacking: Nifty Activist Tool or a subculture symbolic of an Entire Worldview
-The role of Anonymous in Wikileaks, and how this Drama Must Unfold
-moot, an everyman's everyman
-Occupy wallstreet: How Anonymous took down the Federal Reserve
-Terrorism and Propaganda: Why Anonymity is the Antidote for Totalitarianism
-Surviving the Economic Collapse: a How-to-Manual
-The Guy Fawkes Mask and the significance of its Smile
-The Role of Lulz in Revolution
-Conspiracy Theorists and Paranoia:
-Trolls and Mischief: Surviving Ourselves
-Copyright Law, Sampling, and Remix Culture: Control of Information
-Reptiles: The Ultimate Joke, or the Claiming of a Symbolic Power Animal Mascot
-Illuminati: The Economic Elite of the Mystical Visionaries of Global Transformation
-How to Define "Winning": Our Demands
-Force vs. Mind. Why Psy-Ops is all we need.
-Bitcoin: The Re-Claiming of Money
-RFID chips, GPS, and Barcodes: The Mark of the Beast
-Global warming, Peak Oil, Drought, and Overpopulation: An Aura of Doom
-Information Technology and the Holographic Media of the Future
-Global Unification through Information Technology: The Inevitable Network
-Dictatorship by the Collective Peasant Class: World Peace in Our Time
ARTnonymous
ARTnonymous
Admin

Back to top Go down

I suggest we write a research paper or book collectively Empty Re: I suggest we write a research paper or book collectively

Post by The Dude Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:35 am

Not that I'm a fan of Krugman, but I'm not sure I'm a fan of Bitcoin either...just FYI
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/07/golden-cyberfetters/
The Dude
The Dude
Admin

Back to top Go down

I suggest we write a research paper or book collectively Empty Re: I suggest we write a research paper or book collectively

Post by ravenpaige Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:17 pm

The Dude wrote:Not that I'm a fan of Krugman, but I'm not sure I'm a fan of Bitcoin either...just FYI

Yeah, I looked into Bitcoin a bit and I don't think I like the model for the reasons stated. However, I am a fan of some of the local currencies, and I was pretty intrigued by Second Life currency. I do believe someday someone will come up with an alternate, digital currency model that actually works, but I haven't found it yet (if it exists). I am a bit of a fan of the Common Good Bank in the US. http://commongoodbank.com/

I think some other countries have similar models.
ravenpaige
ravenpaige
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenpaige Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:24 pm

Actually, I've had similar ideas and I think it would be great fun to research this stuff. Problem is, I'd probably be better off READING the book at this point, rather than writing it. But maybe that's half of the fun...figuring it out. So I've gone through your list of chapters and pulled out a few that I might be able to tackle.

ARTnonymous wrote:

-Consensus Ideology in a Decentralized Movement
-WITP: Rise and Fall of Anon-Wanna-Bees
-Project Mayhem 2012: Prophecy and Use the 2012 Myth to Evoke Socvial Engeneering
-Hacking: Nifty Activist Tool or a subculture symbolic of an Entire Worldview
-Terrorism and Propaganda: Why Anonymity is the Antidote for Totalitarianism
-Surviving the Economic Collapse: a How-to-Manual
-Trolls and Mischief: Surviving Ourselves
-Copyright Law, Sampling, and Remix Culture: Control of Information
-Illuminati: The Economic Elite of the Mystical Visionaries of Global Transformation
-Global warming, Peak Oil, Drought, and Overpopulation: An Aura of Doom
-Global Unification through Information Technology: The Inevitable Network

Ok, that would be a lot, but I'll have to think about it. I may even be able to add a chapter or two.

BTW, very creative chapter headings!
ravenpaige
ravenpaige
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:58 am

Ambitious, to say the least. But it falls in line with the idea of coming up with research conclusions (in part).

FYI, this was proposed early on at WITP, and it quickly evolved into a documentary. I don't think any work has been done on it though....
http://www.whatis-theplan.org/t2628-anonymous-the-documentary
The Dude
The Dude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Malevolance Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:46 pm

I think we should shorten up. Perhapse certian Ideas and concpets such as the mask and the basic ideology of Anonymous could be written in the Introduction section. I would love to take a shot at writing about the symbolism of the mask.

I have to agree that I do not agree witht he concept of Bitcoin.

I am a member of the Collective Hacker Community. Perhapse I could write a contribution to that chapter.

I would also love to tackle the chapter on the RFID chips, barcodes and GPS being mark of the Beast. I have been studying the concepts about this and it's corrilation to bible prophecy since I was 16 yrs old and am a self proclaimed expert on the subject.

I would at least like to write a contribution on the section about global warming, peak oil etc. I have some things to say about that I am extremely passionate about.

I would also like to write a contribution on the Illuminati. Even though I cannot be an expert because I am not one. I have befriended many and was able to get them to discuss themselves with me, and I have done a lot of research into the meanings behind their symbols and their origins.

The concept of Psy-Ops, maybe the title could be changed a bit? But this is right up my alley. The background and foundation for psy ops is the basis for everything I believe.

I think there is a lot we can condense into the section about conspiracy theories I.E. mark of the beast, reptilians, global warming, . I would like to write an entry into that about the Sovereinty movement since I am a part of that but disagree with a lot of the common misinformation about it at the same time. I would also like to contribute to the concept behind the project mayhem part. I would also like to present an idea of hiding resistance within religion Vs. the elite using religion for the purpose of controlling the masses through morals, indoctrination and propiganda. I.E. Jesus, John and Peter were revolutionists that used religious code to give instructions and to inform people of the plans of the Elite. Paul was an elite who used the same concepts that Jesus, Peter and John taught but twisted into a manner that was able to indoctrinate morals for the purposes of controlling the masses with propiganda. The Catholic Church and the Bible being put together by a pagan sun worshiping world ruler for the purpose of control. The catholic cruisades that over took the world and made a mockery of other peoples religious beliefs. The Viking Age of rebelion and vengence upon the Catholics. Etc... Perhapse add a few comments about why protest banks?

I think it is also important to go forward with the concept that the majority of people, although they can read at a higher level, comprehend best at a 3rd grade reading level. In general.

I think that if we are going to write a book together that everyone, not just the people writing it, should be able to be involved in the editorial process.

Malevolance
Malevolance

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenpaige Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:01 pm

Malevolance wrote:

I think that if we are going to write a book together that everyone, not just the people writing it, should be able to be involved in the editorial process.

Absolutely agree with this. The more editors, the better; two heads are better than one.

However, the author should always retain final editorial decision. After all, that's what authors do: receive lots of input and then make a final decision on what's included and what's not.
ravenpaige
ravenpaige
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ARTnonymous Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:48 am

The list of chapter suggestions I came up with was just brainstorming a long spectrum of possible sections...

I think if we worked cohesively with a "hidden social engeneering agenda" in mind behind the veil of academia, and made it both high-level intellectual literature but also entertaining and vibrant, this could be far better than a mere dissertation with each section authored by a different person. Maybe we could each choose an area of expertise but wrote from a seamless voice with an editorial slant identified we are being anonymous (We, Anonymous, will now explain our true nature, this book is authored by the collective that is its subject"?) identified we are seeing anonymous becomming more and more prevelant in the news, and I've seen a few books and academic papers on 4chan and the current developments in hacktivism... One (which I suspect was just opportunistic triviality) was subtitled "Epic Win for Anonymous". As I believe we all agree that this phenomenon we are documenting here will grow exponentially, I think forsight and cleverness could get us in, if not published first, perhaps as "Definitive". I'd do my part for this project for free, but the incentive of any potential $$ from book sales, split among the authors equally of course, and seeing this in print would be highly satisfying, yes?

If this sounds too ambitious and fun but unlikely to reach fruition, then simple- just add more authors to the crew. Anyone invited here would make a positive contribution, so choose a crew size at the appropriate point in the growth of the site?
ARTnonymous
ARTnonymous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenpaige Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:39 pm

I really like the idea of a book about Anonymous, penned by "Anonymous."

I'm in, I think. I can do any person, but do we have an "omniscient narrator" or not?

Or is Anonymous "omniscient"?

Studied writing at Penn State, and I've been looking for a project.
ravenpaige
ravenpaige
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ARTnonymous Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:16 pm

how about omniscient, but voiced from an omniscient "We"-

I'm thinking a rigorous academic tone simultaneously documenting the historical and sociological evolution of anonymous, "WE rose like a phoenix from the vile swamps of 4chan in the early 1700's, etc".

A "Biography of Anonymous"? That would be appealing to peoples' prurient interests, curious normies who want to be titilated by an expose of the "hacktivist group" everyone's talking about lately, and would be more vital and entertaining than 3rd person singular.

I don't think it would be insincere or presumptuous to speak of "OUR" heritage and details of "OUR" tactics, even in instances where we had nothing to do with the specific event... if you can identify as generalized groupmind, then in a sense you were there from the beginning and at every turn in the road, there shouldn't be a problem with the phrasing of statements like "WE [anonymous] began a twitter campaign in Iran during the Arab spring" despite only learning about such a thing and not having been there... If you feel comfortable speaking for all, then in a sense you (as WE) were there, and that was us.

what if we revealed the deeper philosophical significance of the main events on the timeline from beginning to end, and then continued on into an explanation of our intentions, our vision for the future. I'm thinking a perspective that simultaneously presents a definitive overview of the facts (will require research) but also a perspective that is subtly trying to seduce the reader to sympathize and identify with anonymous? Maybe over the course of the book gradually revealing the secret inner mechanics, belief system, and intentions? A narrative perspective that serves fact but secretly persuades as it teaches?

We could have parts directed toward our enemy (Cheney wallstreet, etc) "10 reasons why you should fear us", towards the general curious public "You can some day be anon too!", and some parts directed toward anons ("Appendix A: Our practical guide to online anonymizing""

again, these are all brainstorm ideas....

one more thing- if 20 people worked on this and each did 15 pages it would be done in 10 seconds flat.
ARTnonymous
ARTnonymous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenpaige Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:02 pm

Ok, I like the tone, but I think we have to walk the line between "poetic" and "documentary." Maybe the way to achieve that would be to have two different voices for each chapter/idea. We can't say, really, that Anonymous rose in the 1700s. Or we CAN, but we have to foil that with true dates, docs, evidence, etc.

Should we follow this order? Come up with an outline, write a sample chapter or two, submit some queries?

If we do follow that order, what would be the most compelling chapters as of now, or a month or two from now?

Do you have a crystal ball? Mine's broken.
ravenpaige
ravenpaige
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ARTnonymous Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:28 pm

I do have a crystal ball. It tells me the book grossed over $700,000 in April 2012 and was on the New york Times best seller's list. I will continue to offer my collaboration on this project, even if the idea simply hibernates for months until gaining momentum.
ARTnonymous
ARTnonymous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenpaige Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:45 pm

I like your crystal ball.

Ok, I have been mulling an article or chapter for a few days now, but won't get a chance to really dig into until tomorrow.

Question? Is this what goes in "Compiled Research" or do we want a separate category?
ravenpaige
ravenpaige
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:15 am

ravenpaige wrote:Question? Is this what goes in "Compiled Research" or do we want a separate category?
I would imagine that if you're writing a book, there should be a separate sub-forum for the topics. Anything relevant from the book that could work in terms of activism should be distilled into a compiled research thread.

Again, I see the "Research" Sub Forum similar to "The Corrupt System" on WITP, where active is identifying, documenting, discussing, and coming up with an action plan. Then, as it comes together, something like an executive report is created for the compiled research. That way, it's easy for a reader to see the problem and discover ways to act, without having to wade though hundreds of posts to reach some vague conclusion.
The Dude
The Dude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ARTnonymous Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:43 am

I betchall thought I had dissapeared into a miasma of wasted hedonism and luxory. NOT.

I have 20 pages of notes for the book, it is too hot to risk exposure. This WILL be big...

I'd post them, but I'm not sure ARI is public/private-invite-only at this point.

On more universal/humanitarian terms I've grown old, I've grown old, I wear my trousers rolled. I've settled down and domesticity and all,

my subversive... "predilictions" and my subversive "aspirations" are all well and good and for the good of man... on the other hand this Plan is going all too well, a good time to be anon.

Occupy has swamped EVARTHING. Clearly, we watch history unfold, unravel is more like it.

I am daily stunned by the news.

history unfolds...

as always, you have to weigh the merrits of sweet domestic bliss IRL and the Absurdist Quest, inherently subversive...

To all my friends here... remain free, remain anon, and know Occupy is the face of the final anon presentation...

this IS happening.

Be unafraid, weigh carefully domestic bliss IRL and subversive poilitical aspirations, through ART, sensuality and fellowship, Freedopm of Information and the new Information Technology protocol it shall be won for us or not, but at least we knew beyond the shadow of a doubt we were the good guys.

That is all that matters.

AnonGirl, come out and play.

Dude, AnonGirl, decide amongst yourself but know ARI is patiently awaiting the Queen for which this space was provided,

there won't be much debate in following her will, yes? amirite?

Seriously, in my times of silence my thoughts have never strayed from the ARI and what more fanciful and royal gift for a man to give his lover than a cypherspace... that is true final stunning romance.

a cypherspace sure beats 12 roses haha!!!

...but seriously, certain things Ron Paul has said, in his warm fatherly MIDWIFE voice (he was a Dr. who gave many births, this is the true insight into his nature), well, I wished to post those on ARI for my old dear friend aNONGIrl to catch... of course, naive to think he stands a chance "Beta as fuck One of us None at all" such a beta character stands no chance of being the commander in chief of our armed forces...

surely deserves to.

Missingno.

canv.as.

peace.
ARTnonymous
ARTnonymous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenpaige Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:02 am

Hey Art!

Yes, I thought you dropped off the edge of the earth!

I thought I'd find you when I dropped off too, but instead I found an Occupation. LOL.

Ok, the book. Yes! I have a working title and premise: Anonymous Rising. The Occupys are Anonymous IRL.

I have an extensive outline in my head. I have hours of notes dropped here and there around the internet where I can't lose them (and probably can't find them either).

The Dude says he has found enlightenment, but won't share. I'm pouting.

Meanwhile, I'm writing this at 3 AM because, not only have I found an Occupation, but they have found me and now my house never sleeps. Seriously? Where do you get off settling down into domesticity? We have a book to write!

Ok, you are an admin here too. I've tried to figure out what permissions should be had, also, but I'm torn between leaving open for comments and additions, or closing to keep until more refined. But I'm fine with whatever permissions you want. If you want me to set it up, just let me know and I'll stumble around until I figure it out.

Good to see you!

ravenpaige
ravenpaige
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenpaige Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:42 am

ravenpaige
ravenpaige
Admin

Back to top Go down

I suggest we write a research paper or book collectively Empty Ohhh fantastic find with the commongoodbank! Thanks for sharing!

Post by Cryosun Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:24 pm

ravenpaige wrote:
The Dude wrote:Not that I'm a fan of Krugman, but I'm not sure I'm a fan of Bitcoin either...just FYI

Yeah, I looked into Bitcoin a bit and I don't think I like the model for the reasons stated. However, I am a fan of some of the local currencies, and I was pretty intrigued by Second Life currency. I do believe someday someone will come up with an alternate, digital currency model that actually works, but I haven't found it yet (if it exists). I am a bit of a fan of the Common Good Bank in the US. http://commongoodbank.com/

I think some other countries have similar models.

Wow, the common good bank has done their homework. I see a whole lot that is right with what they are trying to put together. They are trying to put together a dollar pool to provide for some local/dollar exchange ability, hence the donations. I wish them much success and much transparency with that!

And they are aware that the manager/accountor of the public's credit quickly finds itself in the position of providing for the public good in every other aspect of life. I like how they are aware of better voting systems than the one that is gamed into dysfunction in the United States. Commerce, unfettered by crushing usurious tribute to bankers, can allow people to provide for each other's needs. Commerce can do this quickly, as the information system of the currency allows the humans to work out among themselves what they enjoy and what to produce. A well-designed money system based on correct principles ought to be just as useful to humans as are the mysterious dance/pheromone information systems of the honeybee. By comparison, democracy seems necessarily slow and clunky. Market (hive-mind) decisions are made continuously, but voting only happens once every so often, and the decision from a vote is "all or nothing". But somehow the construction of public infrastructure has to be decided- where to put the roads, pipelines, etc. When democratic process must be resorted to, the process ought to at least be a scientific one that accurately and fully represents the true will of the people. These guys at the Common Good Bank seem to be pretty sharp and aware of this.

Innovative direct democratic control is at the heart of our design
for a Common Good Economy. In each Common Good Community, members direct
the investment priorities and grants for the greater good of all.
Economic democracy is crucial to economic justice and sustainability.

I suggest we write a research paper or book collectively Democracy3c

Common Good Democracyâ„¢ is a hands-on 100% democracy (every voice counts) suitable even for large diverse groups -- a blend of liquid democracy, Condorcet, instant runoff, approval voting, internet voting, town meeting style discussions and a spirit of consensus. Common Good Democracy has distinct advantages over each of those components alone.

I'll be spending some time finding out everything about their model that I can. Thanks again for for the heads-up about their project!
Cryosun
Cryosun
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mew Serpent Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:02 pm

ravenpaige wrote:Actually, I've had similar ideas and I think it would be great fun to research this stuff. Problem is, I'd probably be better off READING the book at this point, rather than writing it.

I remember ART stumbled across a scholarly article recently about 4chan and /b/: it wasn't specifically about Anonymous itself but the subject of the article was about the use of anonymity on the site. I myself haven't read the entire article, but I'm sure it will mention Anonymous at some point. At the very least, this is a good springboard to start with.

Google Scholar 4tw. :3

http://www.aaai.org/ocs/index.php/ICWSM/ICWSM11/paper/viewFile/2873/4398

It's in PDF format, so it might take a minute to load. Hope you guys find this informative, if not useful.
Mew Serpent
Mew Serpent

http://afuriouspipedream.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down