A Statement on 9/11

Go down

A Statement on 9/11

Post by The Dude on Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:28 am

Since this is the 10-year anniversary of Sept 11, I'd like to throw this out there. I have my own beliefs about 9/11, and pet theories. I don't know how accurate they are, and frankly, I don't care. There are topics that are interesting to me, and important. For me, 9/11 is important for the simple fact that it brought a new reality to many Americans who were, before that time, pretty clueless to some of the basic facts of the world. I was excited on 9/11. I thought "Finally, the world has come to the US. Maybe someone will wake up, and things will start to get better."

I didn't realize things would have to get a lot worse before they would start to get better.

I've posted this little analysis a few times on WITP, and nobody ever seems to do anything with it. Everyone is so galvanized in their own 'truth-opinion' of what happened, they fail to realize the basic significance of the analysis.

So here it is:
Thomas Kean and Lee Hamilton, the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the 9/11 Commission both state that the commission was "set up to fail" (they wrote a book about it: "Without Precedent") Here they talk about being stonewalled by the CIA in the NYT.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/02/opinion/02kean.html?_r=1

John Farmer, Dean of Rutger Universities' School of Law and former Attorney General of New Jersey, was the legal council for the 9/11 Commission and drafted the 9/11 Report. He's said about his own report that it is "almost entirely untrue". He also wrote a book about it.
http://www.salem-news.com/articles/september112009/911_truth_9-11-09.php

More general info, and Daniel Elsberg and Mike Gavel calling for a new investigation, and that this is far more important than the release of the Pentagon Papers.
http://georgewashington2.blogspot.com/2011/03/pentagon-papers-whistleblowers.html

Turns out, twice the money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky scandal then was allowed for the 9/11 Commission.
This so often comes back to my analysis of the nature of "Truth", and that more often than not, there is NO objective truth. Do we know what happened on 9/11? No, clearly we do not.

Bottom line: The heads of the 9/11 Commission and the author of the 9/11 Report agree that it's basically fiction. How can this be? Because their job wasn't to tell what they THINK happened, it was to report what they were TOLD happened. And after they did their job dutifully, they came out and said that what they were TOLD was total BS.

THAT'S ALL WE NEED TO KNOW.

Yet some people take the report as Gospel. Others want to endlessly debate and search, not understanding that any more debate into 9/11, unless you're a 9/11 researcher planning a documentary or court case, is POINTLESS. There's a fundamental truth here: there is little to no transparency in government, and that we are being lied to. This LIE has resulted in the police state that the US has become...the Patriot Act, DHS, and more. These are all contrary to personal freedom. We don't need to agree on anything else. Yet others continue to debate some version of truth or fiction. More debate and research into 9/11 is NOT going to fix the core problem. We'll let the Truthers debate 9/11, and dig for truth.

I'd like to make some statement to this effect, so that 9/11 can be REMOVED from a topic of further discussion or debate. There's no point, no need, and my #1 goal is for actionable conclusions.

As far as 9/11 goes, I think I've achieved that.

Last edited by The Dude on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Dude
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Statement on 9/11

Post by Red_Envy on Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:26 pm

Agreed. All we can conclude about 9/11 is that the People were lied to by the government. Will they ever be told the truth? Doubtful. And that's the way the government wants it. Keep misdirecting attention until you can achieve your goals, whatever they may be.

9/11 brought fear-mongering and terrorism to the forefront, and the media can now demonize any anti-establishment action under the loosely defined terrorism label and immediately turn public opinion against it. This is fear mongering 101, and Terrorist has about as much significance now as Communist did during the Cold War.

Nowadays a terrorist can be an is anyone. With increased isolation from community and greater connections being made overseas than across the street, society is forming a series of isolated bubbles where we fear the people we can see more than those we can't. This continued distrust of our neighbors makes us easy to pick off, an more importantly, more willing to betray those we should be counting as friends.

Regardless of what really happened on 9/11, the real problem is the results we can see around us today.

Red_Envy

View user profile

Back to top Go down