Hi, I'm Cryosun

Go down

Hi, I'm Cryosun

Post by Cryosun on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:00 am

I came up with the name "Cryosun" as the name of a product I was trying to develop some years ago. It had occurred to me that a. the sun is hot, and b. absorption cycle refrigeration requires only a heat source and heat sump to drive it and pump heat from one area to another. I wondered why solar applications of absorption cycle refrigeration weren't already widely employed. I read and studied all I could about thermodynamics and refrigeration cycles for about a year or so to get some kind of sound theoretical basis from which to work on a design that might actually get some acceptance in the market. From the USPTO's site I found some exceptionally brilliant designs in Donald Erickson's patents. I looked up Donald Erickson and found he actually makes his living from his absorption cycle refrigeration and combined heat/power units. His company is found here:http://www.energy-concepts.com/ I stole my avatar from his site- it's his "HeliSorber" unit that produces refrigeration from the heat of the sun.

Then I set about tackling the financial means to producing and selling such a thing without infringing on Erickson's patents, etc. The technical problem of solar refrigeration seemed much easier to deal with than the problem of financing such a venture. It's widely quoted that 2/3 of businesses fail within the first year. And for a surviving business to have anything to show for the ordeal after the combined strategies of debt financing and equity financing put the various financiers in first place and the creative force in last place- well, that seemed daunting. There was no way around it. I would be busting my butt and taking on huge risk and straining all my close relationships mostly to just make rich people richer. Meanwhile, I watched as a friend with the very simple good idea of custom manufacturing inexpensive double-wall window inserts out of PETG plastic received and spent some seven million dollars in Angel investor money only to have the project die on the vine before it could return a profit. IMO the product was sound, the process was sound, the management competent (as far as I can tell; I didn't see a fatal flaw within the group but I admit I never worked there) but the finance gap was somehow still too big even after those seven millions. I began to realize that it was the financial system that was keeping most of the best ideas from ever seeing the light of day. As I began to study the financial system, I began to see that monetary systems were cyclical. Most people just plug in a refrigerator and expect it to get cold inside with no understanding of the Rankine cycle by which it operates. Much less have they any notion of any alternatives to that common Rankine cycle- alternatives that produce that same heat pumping result in many, many fascinating and radically different ways. So too was I ignorant of any cyclical principle behind the money that was frustrating me, and much less cognizant of the many, many fascinating and radically different cycles by which money can indeed be put into circulation.

I'm on this forum because I intend to tell everyone they can create monetary systems themselves. These homemade moneys can liberate the people of communities to create and collaborate together. These people can themselves enjoy the most benefit from their own creativity. There's no need to first place yourself in servitude to the rich before creating value for your community if you design your currency right. The right currency (or more probably a good collection of special purpose currencies) can liberate the creative production of people to produce a standard of living that is enjoyable, fulfilling, and sustainable. If we can get that one right, all good things will follow. So that is my focus.
Cryosun
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi, I'm Cryosun

Post by ravenpaige on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 am

Hey, formal welcome although we've been chatting for a while. You should probably look at the Project Mayhem 2012 video I just posted elsewhere. I'm not sure what's being planned, but it's becoming increasingly obvious to me that some very intelligent and resourceful people are working on this problem. Should be a very fun year! Cheers!
ravenpaige
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryosun on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:28 pm

Will do. I just watched Paul Grignon's "Money as Debt" again. I saw it some years ago but now he's updated it and the ending is much better. He's got a very good "replacing the system" section now. I've never seen this video posted on WITP or any Occupy site before, although it ought to be one of the basic standards every Anon/Occupier/Social-activist-of-any-kind should have seen already.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc3sKwwAaCU
Also, Isaac Isitan's "Money- Who Creates it? Who Controls it? Who Profits?" is a good one to have and share with a local Occupy group. It DOES NOT explain how alternative currencies are created, but it does show that they have been created and used by communities much to their benefit. It shows that many, many local currencies were used in Argentina- you get to see some of the creators and street scenes where the local currencies are exchanged in mobile trailers. Most of the currencies in Argentina were local LETS credit paper bills and also issued by local governments as provincial bonds. Some provinces were better at not counterfeiting their own money (issuing money not corresponding to productive economic activity). Some LETS were also better than others at keeping their books. The currency market allowed people to trade currencies they trusted less for those they trusted more. The corrupted ones fell into disuse in favor of those enjoying more trust. The film also shows the Ithaca Hour, which is neither LETS nor a bond nor credit note of any kind. Anyway, the film is not good at showing how to make a currency, but it is good to throw at people who blow off the idea as impossible. Unfortunately, the only way I can find now to get the film is here: http://www.cyberclass.net/moneyvideo.htm.
I really need to get my YouTube series together. The need for a comprehensive but user friendly alternative currency resource is becoming ever more apparent. But hats- off to Paul Grignon for doing such a fine job of summing up the current system in a mere 45 minutes has he has done with his first Money as Debt film. He also made a second and third film- "Money as Debt II- Promises Unleashed" and "Money as Debt III- Evolution beyond Money". They are also excellent.
Cryosun
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryosun on Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:07 am

Okie dokie, Project Mayhem. I saw the Idea#1 video about "Tyler" (Dearden). So everyone is supposed to glean information about what their own corporations have been up to and then post it to Tyler. That's cool. Were you ever forced to read "Lord of the Flies" by William Golding? When Tyler goes up, I wonder if that might be the end of the pretense of any Rule of Law in our society? Will the conch then lie bleached and white and forgotten in the sand? I can't imagine the legal system rising the the challenge presented it by Tyler. Who then will even try to claim legal legitimacy? I can't imagine the results of this project... I really can't. With or without Tyler, the "sow", (the environment)- the source of food on the island has already been sodomized, murdered, and wasted. But not everyone on the island has willingly participated in the waste. Conch or no, Tyler might let us know who to eat when the food gets REALLY scarce.
Cryosun
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenpaige on Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:36 am

Clearly, I need to go back and re-read "Lord of the Flies." It's been years, but I remember it as a particularly disturbing book.

I do have to admit that the idea of being able to just "dump all the money" is intriguing. And sometimes I believe that is the only solution, that income disparity in the world has become so great that we have already passed the tipping point, and it's going to come.

But if that's the case (and I still hope not), then all the more reason to come up with the system that will replace it. Otherwise, yes, I think you're right, we should all re-read "Lord of the Flies" as our new Operator's Manual.

Oh and yeeaa! It's Friday the 13th.
ravenpaige
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum